Public liability is the most important form of insurance for a tradie or trades business.

This is the insurance that will cover you in the event that you cause property damage or personal injury to another person.

Click the button below to request a quote via the Trade Risk website.



Whilst public liability is typically the cornerstone of a tradies insurance package, there are a number of other covers you may need.

What types of cover you need really depend upon the size and complexity of your business.

If you’re a sole trader carpenter, subcontracting to a builder, your main types of insurance will include:

  • Public Liability
  • Tool Insurance
  • Personal Accident
  • Vehicle Insurance

Whilst the first one is often mandatory for your contractors licence or to enter certain worksites, they are all important forms of cover for any tradie.

We’ll be adding more information and some trade-specific guides very soon.

Currently we’re working on a Qld electrician insurance guide.

Check back for more soon.